OCS Database connection failed

• Greetings everybody

I've just installed a fresh I-DOIT 1.48 on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS and ran into some problems connecting to our OCS 2.1 RC1. Running on a seperate server, the OCS has been in use for some years now without any trouble. To connect the i-doit I created a user in MySQL on the OCS server and allowed external access. This configuration seems to be allright, because I can login and obtain data when I connect from the I-Doit Server Command Line:

hr]

root@xxxx:/var/www/html# mysql -u idoit -p -D ocsweb -h 192.168.0.5

Enter password:
    Reading table information for completion of table and column names
    You can turn off this feature to get a quicker startup with -A

Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 102
    Server version: 5.0.22-Debian_0ubuntu6.06.15-log

Copyright (c) 2000, 2015, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
    affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
    owners.

Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input statement.

mysql> show databases;
    +--------------------+
    | Database           |
    +--------------------+
    | information_schema |
    | ocsweb             |
    +--------------------+
    2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

But when I configure these settings into i-doit GUI I get an error: "Could not connect to OCS database"

Is there a detailed log file to figure out the reason causing this error? Are any special rights need for the MySQL connection?

Thanks in advance - any help is much appreciated 🙂

• Hi,

I got the same error on multiple installations and couldn't figure out the problems causing it.

Greetings,
    Ufi

• Unfortunately when I copy the Database from the OCS Server to the local Database on the i-doit installation it works like a charm. But thats not a practicable solution.

Furthermore I can't figure out how to specify the connection OCS-Object<-> i-doit Object in the GUI. Some Information isn't passed at all like the User in OCS.

Looks like your connection to Community was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.